I recorded my first-ever solo podcast this week🎙️
It's 15 minutes of just me. Alone. Monologuing...
(This is a first shot at the solo pod, so if it sucks I'm trusting you guys to let me know)
I chose this topic because I continue to meet teams getting shafted by their SEO & content agencies.
It typically looks like this:
- "We're not really sure what they're doing"
- "We have 500 blog posts but no traffic"
- "They told us we need X, Y, Z wildly niche change"
And when I browse their site, I see the same thing.
Again and again:
- A sh*t ton of 700-word blog posts that are useful to literally nobody
- A keyword strategy that doesn't align with their core product value
- A content strategy that doesn't suit their audience in the slightest
So, I find myself frequently advising them to go back to the drawing board.
Content and SEO has never been more competitive.
Brands that win are literally investing millions to do so.
700-word blog posts w/o a coherent strategy behind them will not win right now.
Teams that don't get that...try and cut corners.
Until they realize that slow, steady, and successful might actually have been a better choice than fast, cheap (and failing.)
So, together, we start again.
We stop cutting corners.
We slow down if the budget doesn't allow it.
We do this thing properly...and we start by following this strategy👇